This many people have no life

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Marching Band: Best Fucking Thing Since Sliced Bread

Today, from the second I stayed after school till the second I was called to attention before I could leave I was reminded why I love marching band.

Despite the shitty practices, the BandDrama, the people who don't give a flying fuck, and a new director in the end the football games, the bus rides, and the competitions are definitely worth it.

These are things I love the most:
  • The horrible loud obnoxious off-key singing done late at night
  • The crazy gossip.
  • Gay and band go hand in hand. [especially once in uniform]
  • Touch a nut, not your neighbors!
  • 10 Fingers!
  • Inside Jokes
  • Being surrounded by so many different personalities
  • The band dance
  • Mingling with the other band
  • How putting on a uniform is like sprinkling pheromones on everybody
  • Gay or straight you will be felt up by the same sex
Band is like having a other younger, more psychotic family. There are times where you want to murder each and every single person and times where you wouldn't know what you'd do without them. For every time I've ever wanted to quit band there are 5 other times that I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I did.

For you people who aren't in band, I feel sorry for you. You have no idea what you're missing out on. Maybe if you're in another club/sport/organization you might understand what I'm talking about but there's just some things that you're never experience unless you're a band geek.

xoxox, Jenn♥

BAND GEEKS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn it is so true. i am so happy i didnt quit band. But you know They didnt mingle with us last night and they didnt give us water like they are suppose to.but anyways the bus ride home reminded me why i enjoyed band.

Anonymous said...

wow, it was actually good. Well while you were off having fun i was dying in my bed, I am like so sick right now. My throat is in soo much pain that it hurts to talk. That's why I didn't answer your phone calls yesterday. Well glad you had fun while I was sobbing in my misery... lol

My beloved flock of sheep.