This many people have no life

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm terrified of mediocrity

I'm terrified that I'll grow up and lose all my optimism, imagination and determination to rise above all the rest.

That I'll settle for less and be okay with a mediocre life.

That I'll become a trophy housewife living in the middle of suburbia where the most exciting thing in my life is getting a stainless steel power juicer.

If the last one happens I'll probably run off with gorgeous Hispanic gardener named Raul to Argentina. My 4 kids will be devastated and will hate me for the rest of their life. I'll try to make it up to them but they'll refuse to even speak to me. Either that or I'll hang myself from the clothesline in our perfectly manicured backyard.

I refuse to be a Stepford wife.
I'd rather be alone my entire life.
I'll take the cramped apartment with 27 cats any day of the week.

I'll take my chances with living out my dreams.
At least if I fail I'll know I tried.


"So take a chance and make it big,
Cause it’s the last you’ll ever get.
"
--The Phrase That Pays by The Academy Is...

XoxoX, Jenn♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember we talked about this a while ago, Super Power Juicer!! Once I get one of those my life will be complete! lol I don't think your mediocre!! (can't spell)

My beloved flock of sheep.